Social Media Courses Tip
What You Need to Know About Blogging For Business
You may know that blogging is important for business, but just HOW IMPORTANT is not well known to most small business entrepreneurs. This Social Media Courses article will clearly spell out why blogs are not only the hub of all your online activity, but a foundational element to your social media marketing success.
Below are some interesting “did you know” facts that are real eye openers and clear signals to the importance of blogging for your small business.
DID YOU KNOW THAT…
- 81% of the total U.S. online population said that they trust the information and advice that they get from blogs.
- 61% of the total U.S. online population have made a purchase based on a recommendation from a blog (versus 33% from Facebook, 31% from Twitter and $47% from Pinterest).
- Thus, blogs drive the highest percent conversion from trust to action.
- According to Nielsen, branded websites (i.e. your blog) are trusted equally to editorial content such as newspaper articles (see the image below).
- According to Performic’s Life On Demand Study, 40% of Americans feel more comfortable engaging with people online than in person.
If we know that people want to engage more and more with us online, that blogs are the hub of all our social media activity, that people trust them, take action on our blog’s recommendations and actually make purchases at a greater rate than through other social networks…then the facts are pretty clear.
If you want to attract more prospects, increase sales and improve retention rates…then creating a blog for your business is a great place to start! Unlike a static website that just tells viewers a little bit about you, your blog will display your ongoing support of your target market niche and give you the chance to create and maintain more loyal relationships on an ongoing basis.
Please click through to find more information on how to get started in your own Social Media Classes curriculum.