Social Media is no doubt the most important free resource available for building your business online, but it can also become time consuming and a little overwhelming with all of the opportunities that are presented to you by the second!
So how can you make sure that you spend the least amount of time possible and gain the optimum reward for your business?
Our team has put together a simple strategy that you can use to optimize your engagement on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. With this plan in hand, you’ll soon have your accounts running smoothly and getting engagement even while you’re away!
- Respond to comments and/or messages if any.
- Engage with your niche; 5 old and 5 new (likes, follows, shares, comments)
- Catch up on the trends; give your opinion on popular and relevant content.
- Participate in relevant groups.
- Help someone else; answer a question, give tips and recommendations.
- Share some inspiration, the more personal the better.
- Post your own original blog content.
- Ask questions, or look for frequently asked questions and provide answers for them on your blog
- Schedule your week’s content.
- Share your content outside of your own networks (forums, groups, other people’s blog comments)
- Learn from the pros. Study your favorite personality’s feed and see if you can figure out what they do different from everyone else.
- Update your online profiles to reflect your growth and achievements.
- Review your content and see which ones gained the most engagement.
- Create a monthly blog content plan.
- Give to your followers; e.g free downloadable content.
- Share your progress.
- Recognize or thank a follower.
- Recognize or thank an industry influencer.
This list isn’t nearly exhaustive as there are so many possibilities with how you can market yourself and engage your followers online, but we have found that having simple, actionable steps that you can do in a limited amount of time helps to keep you moving forward and almost always eliminates those days where you don’t know what to do next.
What are some of your favorite tips for fostering engagement on social media?